Thursday, March 23, 2017

Indivisible: Kristine Hatanaka's art students

I am so excited to present square number 50, created by Lismary, a student in Kristine Hatanaka's art class from Culver City High School Academy of Visual and Performing Arts:


American Papers, Mexican Heart, mixed media on paper, 2017.

Yesterday, I had the honor of receiving 39 contributions to the Indivisible Project from high school students at Culver City High School.  I was quite moved by the depth, skill level and variety of issues that these thoughtful young people brought to their work.  I am excited to be showcasing it here, and I want to extend a huge thanks to their teacher Kristine Hatanaka, for encouraging her students to be a part of this project. They are making their voices heard.

Please keep sending your squares to the Indivisible Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment