Friday, February 3, 2017

Indivisible: Jim Fritzler

I am pleased to post square number 29 created by a friend and professor Jim Fritzler of Hastings, NE. This conceptual piece is very powerful, and to do it justice, I need to show you three images of this work.  The first image is what I saw when I opened the box:


 Ink and sewing on cloth, 2016.


After I unrolled the balled up cloth, the image looked like this:



Below is a close-up of what Jim wrote on the corner of the cloth. 
It says, "I feel this big."



When I saw this, my heart just fell right into my stomach, and I wanted to cry.  It is a strong reminder of what many of us felt post-election & inauguration up to present day.  I love this work; it moved me so much.  In an elegant way, it encapsulates very directly our strong feelings towards our current times. Thank you, Jim!

Please keep sending your wonderful works to the Indivisible Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment